Global Mala joins YEA! Yoga Energy Activism
Join the energy revolution! Become an energy activist by committing to transforming our inner and outer sources of fuel from toxic and limited to healthy and renewable. YEA! Inspires, educates, and provides resources for yogis to become leaders in a green future for all.
WAKE-UP AND PARTICIPATE on an individual or community level in creating a cleaner energy future. Unplug Tune-In Recharge
WHAT? YEA! is about committing to use less energy for as long as you can (from one hour to the entire day)and waste less energy and support energy regeneration. It is about conscious energy use and moving toward actively minimizing our carbon imprint on the planet.
WHY? We waste more energy than we use. We throw away more food than we eat. We are the #1 Trash Producing Nation. We have an abundance of natural energy to tap into. It takes only .02% of the Sun’s energy to power the earth’s current needs
Simple Steps for getting involved (take a try at it!):
1. Decide how and what to unplug and for how long. Here are a few ideas:
- Bike instead of drive
- Use solar or candle light for zero electricity use
- Unplug all applicances• turn off cell phones, computers, ipods...(except refrigerator)
- Rest, be with lovers, family, friends, read, reflect, create, play, be quiet, be festive
- Go for zero or as little waste as possible by composting and recycling
- cook less, eat less, waste less
- Reduce water consumption: flush one less time / cut 2-6 minutes off your shower
- Longer meditation and yoga practice
- Fasting: eating once or twice a day, or juice fast, or fruit + vegetable fast
2. Go to Facebook and sign up to participate via our Yoga Energy Activism group page - unplug, use zero waste, and tune in with thousands of other yoga practitioners around the world to inspire positive global change.
- Post ideas, and ways for us to get more people and studios involved in change
- Post photos of your Global Mala event
- Post your personal experience